EFFECTIVE DATE: SEPTEMBER 1st, 2020
Data controller Kyky Oy (later Kyky, contact details: Hiidenportti 8A2, 02750 Espoo, Finland, contact person: email@example.com is committed to enhancing privacy and complies with data protection laws applicable in Finland and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Why Do We Collect Data?
Kyky’s mission is to enable a connection between business owners/ freelancers and clients in an easier way by providing visibility and immediate gigs bookings. Kyky services will provide customization and flexibility and cost-effective solutions for clients looking for services both online and offline.
- How Do We Collect Data?
We gather data through the use of the Kyky platforms (Website/ App/ Email/ Social Media/ Face-to-Face). The information we request, collect, and process is primarily used to provide clients with the services they search on our platforms.
More specifically, we may use your data for the following purposes:
- to provide the service you have requested e.g registration to Kyky Platforms or social media
- to facilitate the creation of a user profile page
- to provide support requested from you;
- to answer inquiries about our services, or to respond to a complaint;
- to pay your rendered services
- to promote you on our social media channels and/ or to promote our services or products, which may be of interest to you (unless you have opted out from such communications);
- to allow for debugging, testing and otherwise operate our platforms;
- to conduct data analytics and otherwise, build and improve our platforms;
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
- What Data Do We Collect?
While you use our platform for your services, we might ask you to provide certain types of personal information. This request might happen through our Kyky website, social media channels, mobile App, online chat systems, emails, phone, paper forms, or face-to-face. We will give you a collection notice at the time, to explain how we will use your personal information. The notice may be written or verbal.
Specifically, we may collect or process the following information:
Users Details – nimi, sukunimi, name, surname, email address (s), phone number (s), location (s), bank account (s) details, company name (s), invoicing address(s).
User Generated Content – your profile containing your skills, portfolio, CV, profile picture, videos, reviews, and your calendar, time availability through a visible and bookable calendar. Information that you choose to publish on the Kyky platforms is no longer private, just like any information you post online but you maintain the right to be forgotten and ask for full deletion of your data in our possession.
- Protecting Children’s Privacy
Even though our website is not designed for use by anyone under the age of 15, we realize that a child under the age of 15 may attempt to access the Kyky platform or services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 15. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child is using our website, please contact us. Before we remove any information, we may ask for proof of identification to prevent malicious removal of account information. If we discover that a child is accessing our website, we will delete his/her information within a reasonable period of time. You acknowledge that we do not verify the age of our users, nor do we have any liability for doing so.
- What is the Basis for the Collection?
The basis for the collection of data is the legitimate interest of Kyky based on the customers’ relationship with you. The collection may also be based on the performance of the agreement or your consent.
- How Do We Protect and Store the Data?
We take appropriate steps to address both physical and online security, risk of data loss or breach, and other such risks, always taking into consideration the nature of the data being processed. We limit access to our database to authorized persons having a justified need to access such information.
- How the Data Will be Used?
When you register to the Kyky website or use it as a customer, we ask you to provide certain personal information, including a valid email address. Kyky uses the data we collect to operate our business and provide you the service, which includes using data to improve our services and personalize your experiences as well as to share data and analytics to enhance people’s everyday business (GDPR compliant).
All the communication related to the Service – security updates and product information – shall be done through our website or posted within the Application.
- Who will it be shared with?
Data will be shared with users and customers of Kyky to enhance people’s everyday business connection, as stated in the section “Why Do We Collect Data?”
Do we need to mention third partners?
This Policy only applies to our website and social media and information that we collect from you. Our Kyky platform may contain links to other websites, which are not owned or maintained by us. When visiting these third parties websites or disclosing your personal data to third parties (for example the sellers/ companies on our website), you should read and acknowledge their privacy policies, or ask relevant questions before you disclose your personal data. We are not responsible for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal data by such third parties.
- Data Retention
The periods for which we keep your information depend on the purpose for which your information was collected and the use to which it is put. We will not keep your personal data for longer than necessary for our business purposes or legal requirements.
After a period of five years (5) data will be kept only at an aggregated level.
- Your Rights
You have several rights to the collection and usage of your data. You have the right to:
- Request to know what information has been collected and stored
- Request to correction of your personal data
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Request to limit the usage of your personal data if in your opinion i) the information is incorrect, ii) processing is unlawful and you oppose the removal of data, iii) we do not need data, but you need it to present or defend a claim or iv) you have objected the processing and it is not yet established whether our interests override your interests.
- Request to be forgotten and removal of all the data
- Request transfer of your personal data
- Withdraw your consent for processing at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before withdrawal.
Please proceed with the above request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject field explaining your request (s)
- Where permitted by local law, we may reject requests that are unfounded or excessive.
- We will respond to your requests in a reasonable timeframe. If you have requested to be forgotten and your data has been removed, you will no longer have access to our services as we no longer hold the data required to run the service.
- Contact Details of Data Protection Officer
Kyky Oy Data Protection Officer is Vanja La Vecchia-Mikkola. The Data Protection Officer may be contacted from one of the following email addressed: email@example.com
We reserve the right to update this Privacy Notice at any time. If we modify our Privacy Notice, we will post the revised version at Kyky.today website and on all our touchpoints and social media.
Kyky.today is committed to enhancing privacy and complies with data protection laws applicable in Finland and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).